HAIR CARE ADVICE
MAINTAINING YOUR LUXURY EXTENSIONS
To get the most out of your hair extensions it is important to look after it as you would your own! Below are some tips to follow to ensure you stay looking and feeling fabulous. Please note, we do not recommend cutting wefts as it can lead to shedding and/or damaging the hair.
WASHING YOUR VIRGIN HAIR
Wash regularly with warm water to remove any unwanted grease and product build-up. Avoid chlorine and seawater coming into direct contact with your extensions. Tying up your hair or wearing a swimming cap is advisable.
1) Using a wide-tooth comb, detangle hair from the ends working your way up. This will ensure minimal shedding.
2) Lightly wash and condition your hair 1-2 times a week. Gently massage shampoo into extensions with your fingertips.
Rinse thoroughly under warm water in a continuous dipping motion. Once lather residue has been washed out, saturate your extensions in conditioner.
Use a good quality conditioner to keep your new hair soft, healthy and shiny.
We recommend air drying!
3) Once your extensions are completely dry, apply a drop of Argan oil to the ends and use a paddle brush to brush through. Style as normal.
Frontals require a lot of maintenance to ensure you get the most wear out of your frontal. Frontals installed with lace adhesive should last up to 3 weeks when applied properly.
FRONTALS INSTALLED WITH ADHESIVE
1) When your frontal has been installed using a lace adhesive, it is important that you tie a headscarf around the head covering the frontal for 1 hour on average to allow the adhesive to set in.
We recommend you use a nylon/ synthetic material scarf. Avoid cotton/wool had scarfs as the fibres tend to stick to the frontal where the glue has been applied.
2) Keep your headscarf on when washing your face or taking a shower to prevent your frontal from lifting due to the use of soapy water.
3) Ensure to wear a headscarf to bed to prevent your frontal from lifting.
FRONTALS INSTALLED WITH GOT2BE
1) Follow the same steps as to when applied with adhesive
2) Wash your lace before applying additional go2be glued as it can lead to residue build-up.
It is important to attend your maintenance appointments ever 2-3 weeks with Igor Hair for washing and reapplication of your lace frontal. This will improve the longevity of your frontal enabling you to wear it for longer.
See 'Book Online' to schedule your maintenance appointment.